Ingredients for 6-8 Beefburgers (depending on the thickness of your burgers)
1 kg lean beef mince
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lg onion, chopped finely
2 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp mustard
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1. Lightly sautee the onions and garlic until translucent but not coloured. Leave to cool.
2. In a large bowl mix together the mince, onions, garlic, tomato ketchup, mustard, egg, and chilli.
3. Dive in with your hands and mix until the ingredients are well blended. Either shape into patties or to get each the same size, push into ring moulds approximately 9 cm in diameter. I like to make my burgers quite thick as they shrink in cooking, but if you want to extend to 8 then make them a little thinner.
4. Get a griddle pan and heat on a high heat. Slide a little olive oil on each side of the burgers with your fingertips or a pastry brush and then making sure the pan is really hot, griddle for a minute or two on each side to get a good colour.
5. Finish off in a medium hot oven (200 degrees C or Mk 6) for about 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness).